June 15, 2012

FRIDAY UP N' UP PRESENTS ALEX "TRE" EDWARDS


At age 14, Alex “Tre” Edwards is an unsigned music artist with a great, new sound and vibe. Born into a family of music, Alex “Tre” Edwards has been making music his whole life. Tre records in his loft room as of now and mixes his music himself. He has designed his website, album covers, facebook page, and twitter. Recently joining the Christian hip hop music scene in 2011, he wants to make a change in music to glorify the Lord. He has been blessed with a talent to write, rap, sing, design, create, and produce on his own. He continues to deliver new music to the world and his fan base is growing larger every day. His inspirations go from Lecrae, Andy Mineo, Swoope, Trip Lee, KB, and Flame. Tre has been featured on NewH2O.com with his debut single, Awesome. Tre is an independent artist that is still young and has so much room to grow, but in order to do so he need to continue taking his calling seriously and with importance. Being so young and already having 2 complete tapes under his belt, he definitely has an advantage against other cats that are thinking about stepping in to the Christian Hip-Hop scene.
Full Artist Profile, Links, and Interview after the Jump!


Mind Your Manners by TreTheRapper


You can go and Pickup his latest mixtape XIV at:
http://www.noisetrade.com/tretherapper



Contact:
Website: http://www.iamtremusic.wordpress.com 
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TreTheRapper
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/iambeats99
Sound Cloud Page: http://www.soundcloud.com/tretherapper 
YouTube: http://youtube.com/user/iambeats99

Interview:
Rhyme Talk: You ready to get the interview going?
Tre: Yessir!

Rhyme Talk: Lets Get started! How did you find the Lord Jesus Christ?
Tre: I was born into a family where both my mother and father are both Christians. I accepted God at a young age of 5 and I've been following Christ ever since.

Rhyme Talk: What About your love for Hip Hop? How were you exposed to it?
Tre: I started listening to hip hop when I was about 10 and I listened to guys like Eminem and Kanye on the radio. I loved how they expressed themselves through music, and the music was catchy and it had great beat. Last year, I found Lecrae on iTunes and I thought that his style of hip hop that was all for God was awesome because he was also a follower of Christ. I decided there that I could do it too so you could say Lecrae was my inspiration to start rapping.

Rhyme Talk: Do you consider yourself a christian rapper, or a rapper who is christian?
Tre: I read a post on rapzilla.com recently that says of you label yourself as a Christian rapper, you can't spread the gospel to as many people because non believers won't listen to your music. Therefore, I believe I am a hip hop artist that expresses my love of The Lord through music. I am a rapper who spreads the gospel, and I would say that I shouldn't be labeled to a specific genre because this is true hip hop. I just rap about God instead of money, and cars, and fame.

Rhyme Talk: What is your creative process when making music?
Tre: I like to sit down and clear my mind, I know it sounds funny but this is how I start to think. I like to listen to rappers like KB, Lecrae, Swoope, and Andy Mineo. I know that the reason I do this is to have fun and show the listener they can connect and have fun but also praise God too!

Rhyme Talk: What is more important to you? lyrical content or beats?
Tre: I would think lyrical content. You could have a simple beat but have great lyrics and make a change in someone's life. I still believe a great beat will get your music to more people, and I absolutely love beats I can listen to all day, but it is better to change one person's life than have no effect on millions.

Rhyme Talk: How is it growing up in NC, and how has it impacted your sound?
Tre: Growing up in NC, there are definitely not many rappers. The only main rapper that has come out of my general area is J. Cole. I think it has made me work harder to follow my dream because nobody around here has really ever heard of Christian rap. It shows that you can do what you love even from a small town and still have people listen.

Rhyme Talk: Who exactly are the fly-boyz?
Tre: Well, the fly-boyz was a regular rap group that has disbanded. I used to rap with Willie The Kyd as Fly Boyz, but we no longer do that. That was before I was truly serious about Christian hip hop. Now that I am really dedicated to making music for Christ, I no longer rap as part of Fly Boyz.

RhymeTalk: What was the vision behind your mixtape, XIV, and when is the Dreamer dropping?
Tre: Actually, The Dreamer hasn't been released and I hope to have that out after Tre Zone. It will probably be released early next year. My vision for XIV was to start my road in the Christian hip hop world. I wanted to change at least one person's life because I know many people who aren't believers of Christ. I hoped I could reach people like them so they could understand that God IS there.

Rhyme Talk: Deff agree with that fam, where do you see yourself 5 years from now in terms of music, how many albums in?
Tre: In 5 years from now I hope to have done so much more for music! I hope I can have at least one album and maybe be signed by then, but for now I'm unsigned. I have a new mixtape in the makings and I hope to have many more mixtapes in 5 years and a couple albums.

Rhyme Talk: If you could feature 2 artists on a song who would they be? and what would the song be about?
Tre: Really good question. I would have to say Lecrae and KB because they are the ones who inspired me to rap for Christ. The song would be about being who we are and being unashamed through everything we do. God made us all for a reason and we will live in a positive way while we do crazy things. I am a fun, original person and I like to go crazy on the mic and to have fun in general so that's what the song would represent.

Rhyme Talk: Any shows on the way or appearences?
Tre: Not at the moment. I haven't been able to come into contact with anyone who can get a venue. My good friend, Speaks, who has his album, Self-Destruct, is trying to work something out to perform with me this summer. I'd love to perform as soon as possible though!

Rhyme Talk: What was your first song, and what was it about? and What was your most important song, about?
Tre: My first song was Awesome. You can listen to it here: soundcloud.com/tretherapper/awesome
It's about just how "Awesome" God really is! He is absolutely amazing I every way. It was featured on newh2o.com. My most important song I've ever made is Remember His Name, off of the XIV mixtape. It is about God is the center of my life and Christ fuels me to do everything. We need to remember Him at all times!

Rhyme Talk: what are the next steps you're taking as an artist?
Tre: Right now I'm currently working on my first original mixtape which will really show who I am as an artist. You will be the first to know the mixtape name is...... Tre Zone! It is set up to so far be very impressive!

Rhyme Talk: Nicee! and last question fam, Heat or OKC?
Tre: OKC! Durant and Westbrook are great together. Harden is working nice inside on the boards too, and I'd love to see Miami lose haha. A stacked team like that is too good. But I really do like OKC in this one!

Rhyme Talk: Thanks for your time fam
Tre: Thank you so much for this fam its been great to finally do this

Tune in Next week for our Next artist on the FRIDAY UP N' UP!

1 comment: